My Ma used to talk about her post-run, hot latte as a carrot for completing marathon training. When I was younger, I interpreted this metaphor literally and tied a big crunchy carrot to the end of a stick and attached it to our food obsessed dachshund. She waddled around with it until a nice soul took pity on her (it wasn’t me).
I don’t have carrots yet for these #thingsIwanttodo, but maybe the carrot can be doing them? Brain tricks are good for motivation.
* meditate (as in, actually figure out how to do this)
* buy, then use, a food processor
* visit Morocco
* run marathon (specifically Seattle’s in Nov.)
* try Crossfit
* do a 100mi+ coastal bike trip
* host a min. three course fancy dinner party
* make an audio story (fiction, non, or mix)
* bring loved ones to Waldron
* adopt a domesticated fox
* make homemade sushi
* catch, clean & eat a fish
* FINISH MY DAMN B.A.